Michael Bayer wrote:
from sqlalchemy import *
from sqlalchemy.orm import mapper

from dvzrv.db import sAmetaData

class SrvDomainTable(object):
    def __init__(self,domain_name=None,srv_id=None):
      self.sAtablename = 'srv_domain'
      self.sAsrv_domain_table = Table(self.sAtablename,
sAmetaData,autoload=True)
      self.sAmapped_srv_domain =

mapper(SrvDomainTable,self.sAsrv_domain_table,primary_key=[self.sAsrv_domain_table.c.domain_name])

> its not going to work if you create the mapper() (and Table) per class
> instance (i.e. within __init__),
It was a typo. It should be all SrvDomainTable.
But why shouldn't it work, I already do the test and it does.
Could you please be more specific about this ?

>> [self.sAsrv_domain_table.c.domain_name,self.sAsrv_domain_table.c.srv_id].
> assuming you are creating a Mapper to an association table, yes its
> typical that the FK columns which connect the two target classes
> formulate the primary key for the purposes of mapping (i.e. it
> uniquely identifies the row).
So this is the intended way to map a table which only connects to tables
with the usage of FKs ?

> this is not what SQLA refers to as an "association mapping", this is
> just a many-to-many which is somethign different.
It could be that I misunderstand the intention of SA in relation to
association mapping.
What I want, is to map the association table (the table which connects
two tables, that has only 2 keys - the foreign keys) to an object the
same as i do with the rest of the tables; which all have nomrally an
*explicit* pk.
As I run into an error in relation of a missing pk, I tried to cope with
that.In addition I found some post (anywhere),
which handled this with adding this primary_key=[]-thing for those classes.
So because I have not used SA before, there might be some gaps of
understanding ;-)

greetings
gregor