On May 23, 2008, at 5:33 PM, Justin Tulloss wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am doing a A->B join before I do any filtering on a query object
> constructed from A. I then to filtering based on C. I have a
> column_property mapped to A that gives me the total number of B. This
> is executed as a subquery, which means it gives me the total number of
> B in the database, not the total number of B after being filtered by
> C. How do I get the count of B having applied the filter on C?

if "B" is a column_property then it's defined as having a fixed value
relative to the "A" which its attached to, just like any other
"column" attached to A.  If you want the results of a different
subquery, youd have to add it to the query using "add_column()", or
alternatively linking the Query to a totally custom statement using
from_statement().