I submitted a temporary tables patch that basically allows you to put
a prefixes keyword when you create the Table():
db = create_engine('sqlite:///')
meta = MetaData()
conn = db.connect()
meta.bind = conn
tbl = Table('foo', meta, Column('bar', Integer),
prefixes=['TEMPORARY'])
meta.create_all()

http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/ticket/1075

I hope you'll accept the patch, considering that was how it was
discussed in the mailing list a month ago.

I'm wondering though.  Will you accept an enhancement that allows you
to use postgresql's COPY in a similar way to how psycopg2 implements
it?

In psycopg2, there are three functions: copy_from, copy_to,
copy_expert
curs.copy_from(io, 'test_copy') will initiate a COPY using io (which
can be any python file-like object) to the table 'test_copy'
copy_to is similar and copy_expert allows you to form your own COPY
statement.

With postgresql, COPY is far faster than doing inserts.

Thanks,
Jonathan Hseu