I have 3 tables:

general_product {id, name, price} mapped to GeneralProduct
electrical_product {id, name, price, voltage} mapped to
ElectricalProduct
food_product {id,name, price, calories} mapped to FoodProduct

1) I want to create a union query on the above 3 selecting only id,
name and price  (which are common fields).
How do I do that? Could find the doc for union only in the non-orm
case.

2) Since this smells of inheritance, I read about class inheritance
mapping but couldn't decide if and which method applies here.
Help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Moshe