hi all folks,

i have a search form that allows user to search for records.  i am eager
joins in the sa's sql query. the problem is that when i look at the memory
consumption using top command it looks crazy.

the memory shoots up by 50-60 MB instantly (some times even 100+ MB). i
executed the query on db directly and the results are returned in 3 secs
(close to around 60,000 rows). sa is spending a good amount of time
processing the results and while it is doing that i see abnormal memory
growth. also the cpu is used almost 98% during this time.

the interesting thing is that after processing the request the memory does
not comes down. it stays there only. i dont know why its not gc'ed.

my environment:
- mysql 4.1
- sa 3.9
- python 2.4

is there any chance that memory is getting leaked as i don't see memory come
down even after some time.

please give me some pointers  as my app is totally based on sa. memory and
cpu consumption is too high.

thanks.

cheers,

- a