AFAIK non-orm queries yield RowProxies, which are sort of ordered
dicts, i.e. can be used as sequences or as dicts, keyed by
column-name or by column-object itself.

class RowProxy(object):
    """Proxy a single cursor row for a parent ResultProxy.

    Mostly follows "ordered dictionary" behavior, mapping result
    values to the string-based column name, the integer position of
    the result in the row, as well as Column instances which can be
    mapped to the original Columns that produced this result set (for
    results that correspond to constructed SQL expressions).
    """