On Jun 25, 2008, at 4:36 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to insert new data into db using one-to-one relationship,
> but i'm getting this error:
> "sqlalchemy.exceptions.OperationalError: (OperationalError) (1048,
> "Column 'address_id' cannot be null") u'INSERT INTO companies
> (address_id, company, ico, dic, bank_account) VALUES (%s, %s, %s, %s,
> %s)' [None, u'Vnet a.s.', u'2332521351', u'SK234623513',
> u'132412153/0900']"
>
> Here is the code:
> class Address(Template):
>    pass
> class Client(Template):
>    pass
>
> addresses =         Table('addresses', metadata, autoload=True)
> clients =           Table('clients', metadata,
>                        Column('address_id', Integer,
> ForeignKey('addresses.id')),
>                        autoload=True)
>
> orm.mapper(Client, clients, properties={
>            'address': orm.relation(Address, backref=backref('client',
> uselist=False)) })
>
> ses = SQLSession()
> client = Client(**client_data)
> address = Address(**address_data)
> client.address = address
> ses.save(client)
> ses.commit()
> ses.close()
>
> The problem is, that sqlalchemy does not set the 'address_id' column
> in 'clients' table.
> How is the sqlalchemy-way to do this??

something might be up with the table reflection in this case, try not
using autoload=True.  FTR, heres a working proof of concept using
SQLite:

from sqlalchemy import *
from sqlalchemy.orm import *

engine = create_engine('sqlite://', echo=True)
metadata = MetaData(engine)

class Address(object):
    pass
class Client(object):
    pass

addresses =         Table('addresses', metadata, Column('id', Integer,
primary_key=True))
clients =           Table('clients', metadata,
                         Column('id', Integer, primary_key=True),
                        Column('address_id',
Integer,ForeignKey('addresses.id'))
                        )
metadata.create_all()

mapper(Address, addresses)
mapper(Client, clients, properties={
            'address': relation(Address, backref=backref('client',
uselist=False)) })

ses = sessionmaker()()
client = Client()
address = Address()
client.address = address
ses.save(client)
ses.commit()
ses.close()

assert client.address_id == address.id == 1