On Jun 25, 2008, at 2:14 PM, bukzor wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> Trying to do this in 0.5, it seems someone deleted the Query.compile()
> method without updating the rest of the code:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./test1.py", line 139, in ?
>    try: exit(main(*argv))
>  File "./test1.py", line 121, in main
>    print_query(q)
>  File "./test1.py", line 20, in print_query
>    print str(q)
>  File "/python-2.4.1/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
> SQLAlchemy-0.5.0beta1-py2.4.egg/sqlalchemy/orm/query.py", line 1448,
> in __str__
>    return str(self.compile())
> AttributeError: 'Query' object has no attribute 'compile'

its been fixed in trunk.   Keep an eye on
http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/browser/sqlalchemy/trunk/CHANGES
  .  beta2 is out very soon (like, this week).

> Reverting to 0.4, there are other problems. Statement.params is a
> function, so I added some ()'s, but it just returns the same query
> again. Statement.positiontup doesn't exist, and the string stmt
> doesn't have formatting to make use of python's % operator.

my code example used the 0.5 APIs, but in all cases you have to get
the "compiled" object first.  This is described in the tutorials for
both 0.4 and 0.5, such as at
http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/05/sqlexpression.html#sql_insert
  .