Michael Bayer wrote:
> two things are needed:
>
> 1. the "official" way to create a Session when all you want is a
> Session, with no custom builder class or anything like that.  It
> should not be grossly inconsistent with the default arguments of the
> current sessionmaker() call.
>
> 2. all the myriad "create_session()" calls in the unit tests need to
> call something that acts like the old "create_session()", i.e. with
> all the newfangled things turned off by default.
>

> My vote would be for 1. just call Session(), and 2. we just put a
> "create_session()" function in the testlib.

So creating the Session class directly is the right way to go? I
switched from using that to create_session when I found out about the
existence of this function, but I can switch back.

Note that I really need to create sessions themselves; I cannot use
sessionmaker nor scoped_session, as I have a special scoped session that
needs to be able to create sessions.

Regards,

Martijn