Hi,

I am not a professional coder; hobby-like thing.
I would like to encapsulate my table definitions in a new class:

class MyTable( Table):
  def __init__( self, metadata):
      Table.__init__( self, my_table_name, metadata, col1, col2...)

metadata = MetaData()
table = MyTable( metadata)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "create_tables.py", line 11, in <module>
    table = MyTable( metadata)
TypeError: __call__() takes at least 3 arguments (2 given)

*******
I tested different things and I have the feeling that it is not
possible to subclass the Table class.
Is this true?

If no: what is the mistake I make?

If yes: why? does Table class have some special decoration or
something like that?
How do you avoid to define your table  in every script you write to
use that table with its corresponding class?

Thanks for your help,
tamas