Hi,

I've done some exploring and found that if I connect to the database
as the schema owner the error goes away. I had been connecting through
a proxy account and this was working fine in 4.3. You can see where
this is tripping up 4.6 from the sql log just after staring the app:

With 4.6:

C:\Documents and Settings\daystev\Desktop\asrt_trunk\srt-project>start-
srt.py dev.cfg
SELECT USER FROM DUAL
{}
select COLUMN_NAME, DATA_TYPE, DATA_LENGTH, DATA_PRECISION,
DATA_SCALE, NULLABLE
, DATA_DEFAULT from ALL_TAB_COLUMNS where TABLE_NAME = :table_name and
OWNER = : owner
{'owner': 'ASRT_PROXY', 'table_name': 'ACC_PROTOCOL'}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\daystev\Desktop\asrt_trunk\srt-
project\start-srt.py", line 24, in <module>

With 4.3:

C:\Documents and Settings\daystev\Desktop\asrt_trunk\srt-project>start-
srt.py dev.cfg
SELECT USER FROM DUAL
{}
select COLUMN_NAME, DATA_TYPE, DATA_LENGTH, DATA_PRECISION,
DATA_SCALE, NULLABLE
, DATA_DEFAULT from ALL_TAB_COLUMNS where TABLE_NAME = :table_name and
OWNER = : owner
{'owner': 'ASRT_PROXY', 'table_name': 'ACC_PROTOCOL'}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\daystev\Desktop\asrt_trunk\srt-
project\start-srt.py", line 24, in <module>

Note that 4.6 is using ASRT_PROXY as the owner while 4.3 uses ASRT
(the actual owner).

To fix the problem (and continue using the proxy account) I added
"schema=ASRT" to all my table definitions. Now everything works fine.

Thanks for all your work. Congrats on the book(s)!

Steve