With lots of hints I was able to solve this problem. Thanks!

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "app.py", line 89, in <module>
>   File "wx\_core.pyc", line 7912, in __init__
>   File "wx\_core.pyc", line 7487, in _BootstrapApp
>   File "app.py", line 20, in OnInit
>   File "frame.pyc", line 52, in __init__
>   File "sqlalchemy\schema.pyc", line 1438, in _bind_to
>   File "sqlalchemy\engine\__init__.pyc", line 160, in create_engine
>   File "sqlalchemy\engine\strategies.pyc", line 48, in create
>   File "sqlalchemy\engine\url.pyc", line 92, in get_dialect
> ImportError: No module named sqlite

py2exe did not package "sqlite" and therefore raised an ImportError
when the exe was launched. "sqlite" does not refer to the database
which is "sqlite3" but to the module "sqlalchemy.databases.sqlite".
SQLite3 was packaged correctly.

Probably py2exe failed to detect my use of SQLite because SQLAlchemy
does not know which database I use until runtime. (A beginner's
guess!)

How to fix this? Specify the package "sqlalchemy.databases.sqlite"
explicitly as a needed package in py2exe's options dictionary. This
can either be done in your setup.py:

    setup(
          options={"py2exe":{
                             "packages":
["sqlalchemy.databases.sqlite"],  # py2exe does not know that sqlite
is used in advance!
                             }},

Or from the command line (untested):

    python setup.py py2exe -p "sqlalchemy.databases.sqlite"

Regards, Markus