On Aug 19, 2008, at 4:07 PM, Gaetan de Menten wrote:

> Simpler than Elixir? How so? If you are speaking about the internal
> guts, then you are right declarative is simpler (which is normal since
> it does less), but if you meant the usage (and I *think* it's what the
> original poster meant here), I have to disagree... Their simplicity is
> comparable, and I would even vote for Elixir as slightly simpler
> because of the little helper methods you get for free... If you meant
> "usage" here, please explain why you think so.

As far as declarative being "simpler" I would say, source code wise,
architecture wise, things-that-can-go-wrong-wise (i.e., an
configurational error message in Elixir can be an elixir problem, or a
SQLA problem, or both, its hard to trace), as well as that you only
have to learn one paradigm, not two, in order to use it.   Though on
the last point perhaps Elixir is finally getting to the point where
you really don't need to know SQLA configuration in order to use it.