On Sep 4, 2008, at 2:12 PM, Sam Magister wrote:

> Michael, what would the mapper function look like if it were to map
> Engineer(Employee, Citizen) to
> engineers.join(citizens).join(employees). What argument of the mapper
> would that join condition be in? I think concrete inheritance might be
> the way to go about things, at the cost of the nice polymorphic

that would just be the ordinary "table" argument.   The join
conditions are within the join() calls themselves.  mapper(Engineer,
engineers.join(citizens,...).join(employees, ...)) .   I dont think
you can even say "concrete=True" here unless there were an "inherits"
argument, in which case you'd have to just pick a superclass out of
the two.... it would be better to not use the inherits argument at all
though (pretty sure SQLA won't complain).