On Sep 16, 2008, at 3:51 AM, Grimsqueaker wrote:

> I'm having some trouble using generative queries. In my case, I want
> to compile a query and then add further from (join) clauses onto it
> and change the column clause so that I get different results each
> time. I can add from, where and column clauses easily using the
> provided methods, but there seems to be no provision for removing
> clauses. Is this intentional or is it an oversight?
>
> Can anyone provide some insight into this issue?

The level of state which Query builds up for some generations is
fairly complex so we've balked on adding "reversibility" throughout
for now.

You can specify any custom set of columns and get a result immediately
using values() however:

query.values(MyClass.id, MyClass.name,
func.max(MyClass.foo).label('foo'))