Doug Latornell wrote:
> Over on the TurboGears list a TG2 user pointed out a problem that
> arises when nosetests --with-coverage is run on a project with a
> sqlalchemy identity model:
> http://groups.google.com/group/turbogears/t/7fd3639a5a4d4b8c
>
> I dug into it and have reproduced the problem outside of TurboGears 2
> and without nose: http://paste.turbogears.org/paste/7051
>
> I've also shown that the problem isn't there for a plain Python
> property (in contrast to a sqlalchemy
> synonym): http://paste.turbogears.org/paste/7052
>
> So, it looks like a problem maybe with the metaclass that sqlalchemy
> uses to build properties, or with coverage not understanding what that
> metaclass produces, or something.  Or is there something else I'm
> missing?
>
> Doug

Seems to be a problem in coverage.  This narrows down a problem that was
first seen only when running inside Bitten.

$ cat c.py
def foo(somearg):
     class Bar(object):
         def __getattr__(self, attribute):
             return getattr(somearg, attribute)

     assert 'somearg' not in Bar.__dict__

foo('hi')

$ python c.py
$ coverage -e
$ coverage -x c.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Users/jek/bin/coverage", line 8, in <module>
     load_entry_point('coverage==2.80', 'console_scripts', 'coverage')()
   File "build/bdist.macosx-10.5-i386/egg/coverage.py", line 978, in main
   File "build/bdist.macosx-10.5-i386/egg/coverage.py", line 398, in
command_line
   File "c.py", line 8, in <module>
     foo('hi')
   File "c.py", line 6, in foo