On Sep 23, 4:20 pm, mg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello There,
> I am developing an application that uses sqlalchemy and the py
> processing packages. My question is this, what is the best practice
> for using sessions in this type of app. Each subprocess needs to
> access my db to get work, so currently I am starting a scoped session
> in the run method of the class and using that session for all db work
> within that subprocess. Is that the optimal way, or is there a better
> way of working?

Use one scoped session + engine per process. Engines cannot be shared
across processes. The scoped session machinery will give you thread
local connections.

If you are not using threads you do not strictly need scoped
sessions,
but using them now gives you the flexibility to use them should you
choose to at some point in the future.

Laurence