Hi,

I'm using 0.5rc1. I have a Employee class which I map to an employee
table. The primary key column is called 'employee_id' for some reasons
having to do with joined table inheritance.

Depending on the application, I want to be able to refer
a .employee_id or .id attribute of the Employee class and have both
attributes map to the primary key column. I set the mapper up as
follows:

mapper(Employee,
       properties={id':employee_table.c.employee_id,
                        'employee_id':employee_table.c.employee_id}
       )

In the documentation:

http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/05/mappers.html#advdatamapping_mapper_columns

There is no mention of having two attributes pointing to the same
column. I tried it out and it seems to work - I was just wondering if
there was any reason to avoid doing this. If doing this is ok, It
might be nice to mention this in the documentation.

Thanks!

Sam