On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 11:19:31PM -0400, Michael Bayer wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2008, at 1:44 PM, sandro dentella wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> >  I started using the .join() method on query and that' s really
> > powerful, with reset_joinpoint and the list of attributes setting the
> > path of relations. Now I'd like to being able to write join clause in
> > advance with respect to the moment I have the the query available , in
> > he same way I can write ClauseList in advance. Is there any way?
>
> this sounds like you mean......    j = [SomeClass.someprop,
> SomeOtherClass.someotheroprop]  .....sess.query(SomeClass).join(*j) ?

No. But what i wanted is really probably un-viable and anyhow I found a
different way to do it. I'll explain anyhow.

.filter() acts on a query that may have been composed with some .join()
so that I'd like to see it as a single operation on query after wich I issue
a .reset_joinpoint().

Since I have a GUI that allows to add many different filters
in this way, I wanted to consider each 'join + filter + reset' as a unit to
be applied to the original query.

I mistakenly thought that ClauseList was sort of such a unit while this is
just an argument to .filter()

Now I just exposed the qyery object to each filter widget that applies
directly the join+filter+reset.

Thanks
sandro
*:-)