Hello,

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:10 AM, sandro dentella <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I think I don't see documentation on the 'match' operator that works
> differently according to db backend.

Well it kind of didn't make sense to duplicate the individual database
documentation on how they support FTS since each is different.  I am
working on a post that will cover different scenarios that might be
helpful but that's not done yet.

I do have this post on SQLite that may be helpful to you:
http://blog.michaeltrier.com/2008/7/13/full-text-search-on-sqlite

>  If I just missed it please point me to the right place, otherwise
> can you give me some more info?
>  How can it be used with sqlite: can it work as ~ in postgres?
>
>  If I try lo used it  as in:
>       session.query(mapper).filter(title_col.match('a'))
>
> I get back a:
>

> <class 'sqlalchemy.exc.OperationalError'>: (OperationalError) unable
> to use function MATCH in the requested context u'SELECT movie.id AS
> movie_id, movie.title AS movie_title, movie.description AS
> movie_description, movie.year AS movie_year, movie.date_release AS
> movie_date_release, movie.director_id AS movie_director_id \nFROM
> movie \nWHERE movie.title MATCH ? ORDER BY director_id \n LIMIT 200
> OFFSET 0' ['a']

It's hard to say without seeing more.  Generally the issue with SQLite
is that it doesn't allow any sort of complexity.  For instance you
can't use more than one MATCH operator in a statement.  There's some
other issues outlined in my post and at the SQLite FTS docs.

Michael Trier
blog.michaeltrier.com