We have been using the declarative successfully in our codebase for a
couple months now with 0.4.x, but we have just run into a problem.

We have a table we we want to map using declarative but we want to
have one of the columns be deferred because it contains binary data.
Unfortunately we can't figure out how to do this.

We tried something like this:

class Person(Base):
    __tablename__ = 'people'
    id = Column('id', Integer, primary_key=True)
    data = Column('data', Binary)
    __mapper_args__ = {'properties' : {'data' : sa.orm.deferred(data)}

The problem is that when the declarative metaclass assembles the
arguments to pass to the mapper creation method, this causes two
arguments of name 'properties' to be passed into the call.  (see
DeclarativeMeta.__init__)

- Is this a bug in the implementation of declarative?  (perhaps the
code in DeclarativeMeta.__init__ should look for
__mapper_args__['properties'] and merge it with the internally created
properties)
- Or is there some other way to use deferred columns with declarative?

Thanks,
Allen