On Nov 16, 11:30 am, Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've looked into PyISAPIe.    Suffice to say this seems to be an
> extremely new project.  Their homepage is blank:

It has been around for a couple years:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://pyisapie.sourceforge.net/

But I agree there isn't much of a user base.  I have been in contact
with the author of the software and he has been great to work with.  I
hope more people will begin to use the software so it can get tested.

> It would be worthwhile to ask about threading.local() there, but it
> seems very possible that some interaction on their end is incompatible
> with threading.local().   I certainly wouldn't trust native python-
> embedded code with that low of a user base on a production site.

I went ahead and wrote a test and I do think something in PyISAPIe's
thread local model is broken:

http://groups.google.com/group/pyisapie/browse_thread/thread/f82ea13b8481d3eb

I ran that same test with a Python WSGI server and with isapi-wsgi and
I didn't get any id clashes.  In addition, I ran the DB test we
referenced in previous posts with the singleton pool against isapi-
wsgi and didn't have any problems there either.  The evidence is
pointing at PyISAPIe at this point.

But its really a shame, as PyISAPIe has isapi-wsgi beat pretty bad on
speed.  I have emailed Phillip and hopefully he will have some time to
look into the problem.

I agree that running something without much of a user base on a
production system is not a good idea.  But as far as I am aware, there
are only two WSGI projects that interface with IIS: PyISAPIe and isapi-
wsgi.  Both are relatively new and untested products, but I am stuck
with IIS at this point.  If PyISPIe's thread model doesn't get fixed,
I will have to stick with isapi-wsgi.

Thank you so much for all your help on this problem, especially since
it turns out not to have had anything to do with sqlalchemy.  I am
truly grateful.