Hi

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 12:45 AM, Rohith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How to insert a column between two columns in MS SQL?
> "Not in MYSQL"
>
> eg: if in table ABC "a" and "b" are column and I want to insert "c"
> column between "a" and "b" column.
>
> One way to drop "b" column first then add "c" then again insert "b"
> but that is not safe (if data not empty). Is there any Query in MS SQL
> similar to MYSQL?

As far as I know you cannot purposefully order the columns through MSSQL
except through the admin interface where you can drag them around.  The
reason this works through the admin is that it's actually dropping and
recreating the table and migrating the data from a temp spot.  You can see
all this happening by scripting out the change before applying it.

I guess the real question is, why does matter?

Michael