On Nov 20, 6:20 pm, Empty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Different, but related question: How do I print out the statement in
> > "copy-paste-able" format? More specifically, how do i get an ordered
> > list of bound values out of the statement?
>
> > This code does what I want, but it's really clunky and fragile:
>
> > def print_statement(stmt):
> >    s = str(stmt).replace("?", "%s")
> >    from re import search
> >    args = search("\((.*?)\)", s).group(1).split(", ")
> >    print s % tuple(repr(stmt.params[arg]) for arg in args)
>
> > There's also a UsageRecipe for this:
> >http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/wiki/DebugInlineParams
>
> Michael

Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for. I tried to dig though
the dialects and compilers and everything to figure this out, but
after a few hours, no success.

It would be great if we had a sqlalchemy utility to print out our
statements in an expanded way. Yes, it's unsafe, but it's pretty
essential for debugging.