that is the way to do it as far as switching engines.  your example
doesn't work because the state of "p1" is "persistent" as opposed to
"pending", so the example updates a row that isn't there.

you need to build a copy constructor on Person and make a new,
non-persistent Person object for your second engine.   the Session can't
implicitly figure out what your intent is.