On Dec 4, 2008, at 4:29 AM, Jürgen Hauptmann wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am running an application with cherrypy, sqlalchemy and mysql. All
> is
> working fine but sometimes after inserting many data i get the
> following
> messages.
>
> I am using an scoped_session and remove the session if i don't need
> it. I
> only see 3 databases processe in the mysql database.

I've never seen that behavior before - if the pool claims to have
checked out 40 connections, then 40 connections have been checked
out.  If there's only 3 that are active, that would imply that 37 of
those connections have been closed but are still checked out.

You would possibly get this behavior if you used the pool like this:

        # get a connection
        connection = pool.connect()

         # use the connection

         # bypass the pooling mechanism, close the DBAPI connection
         connection.connection.close()

where above, connection.close() has not been called so the connection
is still checked out.  the underlying DBAPI connection has in fact
been closed.