On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 12:38 -0500, Michael Bayer wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2008, at 5:08 AM, Julien Cigar wrote:
>

> > My question is: do I need to explicitely specify the join condition
> > when
> > inheritance is involved ? Why is SQLAlchemy able to detect the join
> > condition for my "Content" (line 127) but not for my "Folder" (line
> > 128) ?
>
> Folder extends Content and a FolderContent has two foreign key
> references to folder.join(content).    I would also collapse
> FolderContent.folder and Folder.items into a single bidirectional
> relation.   I have something I might commit today that would improve
> upon that though....

Indeed, it works with :

mapper(Folder, table.folder, inherits=Content,
    polymorphic_identity=_get_type_id('folder'),
    properties = {
        'items' : relation(FolderContent, cascade='all, delete-orphan',
            backref=backref('folder', cascade='all, delete-orphan',
                primaryjoin=table.folder.c.content_id ==
table.folder_content.c.folder_id
            )
        )
    }