this is probably in a CHANGEs file somewhere but I forgot to add it to
the migration notes.  added as:

0.4 has an unfortunate default setting of "pool_threadlocal=True",
leading to surprise behavior when, for example, using multiple
Sessions within a single thread.  This flag is now off in 0.5.   To
reenable 0.4's behavior, specify `pool_threadlocal=True` to
`create_engine()`, or alternatively use the "threadlocal" strategy via
`strategy="threadlocal"`.