On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 02:59:39PM -0500, Michael Bayer wrote:
> On Dec 11, 2008, at 2:04 PM, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> > So if I do something like this:
> >
> > p = meta.session.query(model.Pool)
> > pool = p.get(7)
> > meta.session.refresh(pool)
> > InvalidRequestError: Instance 'p...@0xa6aca8c' is not persistent
> > within this Session
>
> um thats kind of weird.   that sort of looks like meta.session is
> being closed out at some point (i.e. not illustrated in the example)
> and being recreated later on is that possible ?

I think I worked around this issue and I believe it really stemmed
from a misunderstanding of how shared session data is.

Suppose that I am running "paster serve --reload dev.ini" and "paster
shell dev.ini" against the same db.  Potentially, using the
web-version of the app could cause objects to change state in the
shell version of the app?

Ross

--
Ross Vandegrift
r...@kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
        --Woody Guthrie