On Dec 19, 2008, at 2:43 PM, Faheem Mitha wrote:

> I'm writing code (see below) to drop and add back foreign key
> constraints
> to a db table. Incidentally, this code is not working (the function
> just
> hangs) so I may have made some kind of syntax error. Anyway, I was
> wondering if there was some way to accomplish this in a more "high-
> level"
> way using the sqla ORM. The tables in question were created using
> the ORM,
> so the ORM knows about them, and, at least in theory should be able to
> manipulate them.

The ORM operates at a higher level than that of the underlying details
of the database and has no awareness of schema generation.   You're
probably referring to the SQL and schema expression language which is
a separate component of the library.

For comprehensive support of ALTER constructs, see the Migrate project
at http://code.google.com/p/sqlalchemy-migrate/ .