I have a reasonably standard hierarchical datastructure which I'm trying
to store in SQL. The basic model looks like this:

class Page(BaseObject):
    __tablename__ = "page"
    id = schema.Column(types.Integer(), primary_key=True, autoincrement=True)
    path = schema.Column(types.Unicode(128), nullable=False, index=True)
    children = orm.relation("Page", cascade="all",
         collection_class=attribute_mapped_collection("path"))

This works fine. As shown in the basic_tree example you can configure
the children relation with eager loading and a join_depth to load entire
tree structure efficiently.

I want to do the reverse: build a relation which returns a list of all
parents of an object. I figured this would work:

    parents = orm.relation("Page", remote_side=[id],
         lazy=False, join_depth=5)

That only returns the first parent, not a list of successive parents. Is
it possible to build that parent list like that?

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wich...@wiggy.net>    It is simple to make things.