def __init__( me,  **ka):
        for k,v in ka.iteritems(): setattr( me,k,v)
def update( me,  ka):
        for k,v in ka.iteritems(): setattr( me,k,v)

generic repr/str is more tricky... one way is like:
for p in object_mapper(self).iterate_properties:
        print getattr( self, p.key)
or was it something similar...

be careful with recursive a-b-a or a-a relations... if u want a sort-of fool
proof generic str, see here:
https://dbcook.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/dbcook/static_type/util/str.py

ciao
svilen