On Jan 13, 2009, at 8:19 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:

> Is it possible to define multiple mappers for one table?
>
> Usecase: I have one big table (60 cols) and one big mapper class.
> For some reporting I don't need only a small number of cols. For
> performance reasons I would like to load the related rows using a very
> minimal mapper. However there is no obvious way to configure a
> non-primary mapper using the declarative layer?

declarative can't create non primary mappers (it would be a
contradiction), but "non primary mapper" only applies to multiple
mappers for a class, not for a table.    any number of mappers of any
kind can point to a single table.

to map to any table just set the __table__ argument to the Table.   if
you already have another declarative class, youd say __table__ =
MyOtherClass.__table__.

however, the use case you mention doesn't need any of that multiple
table confusion, you should just be using deferred columns.  See the
mapping documentation for details on that construct.