Hi, I have been scouring the sqlalchemy 0.5 documentation and can't
seem to find information on how to execute UDFs. I am dealing with the
following scenario:

1. I create a UDF (for example, "get_fav_id", which requires a varchar
input). I create it directly in the database with mysql's "CREATE
FUNCTION".

2. I wish to execute it via sqlalchemy. I can execute statements such
as:
myengine.execute("select * from tablename;")

Yet when I try to use the UDF (which is valid sql as far as mysql is
concerned), nothing is returned:
myengine.execute("select get_fav_id('input');")

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.