Hi,

I've got a query as follows:

from sqlalchemy.sql import text

gq = text("""
SELECT decode_genotype(cell.snpval_id, snp.allelea_id,
snp.alleleb_id) FROM cell JOIN snp ON snp.fid =
cell.snp_id WHERE cell.patient_chipid IN ('DUKE00001_plateA_A10.CEL',
'DUKE00001_plateA_A11.CEL')
    """)
I want to pass in the tuple as an argument, and was wondering how to do
it.

So, I'm looking for something conceptually like

gq = text("""
SELECT decode_genotype(cell.snpval_id, snp.allelea_id,
snp.alleleb_id) FROM cell JOIN snp ON snp.fid =
cell.snp_id WHERE cell.patient_chipid IN :plist
    """)

gq = conn.execute(gq, plist="('DUKE00001_plateA_A10.CEL',
'DUKE00001_plateA_A11.CEL')")

Note, I want to pass in a tuple of arbitary length, so changing this to
pass two string arguments would not do. Perhaps I'm supposed to pass in
some bindparams too, but I don't know what type I should be using.

                                                           Regards, Faheem.