On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 5:31 PM, phrrn...@googlemail.com <
phrrn...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. I wrapped it as ' (<original_sql>) as foo' as Sybase needs a
> name for the derived table.You have helped to get primary key and
> index introspection working on Sybase!

Huh, I thought you were using mssql, as the odbc error in your posted
traceback seems to indicate a SQL Server ODBC driver. I'm surprised that
even the system tables in Sybase and Mssql have identical names as well,
although knowing a bit about mssql's history, I guess I shouldn't be.

> One interesting and useful bit of information is that one can't use
> placeholders in the WHERE clause for anything other than column
> values: Pyodbc over FreeTDS barfs with an unknown type error as it
> does not know the datatype of functions.

I think there's a way to annotate database functions in SQLA with a return
type, although I can't remember the syntax right now, or if it would work
with pyodbc. Might be worth of bit of investigation, though.