OK scratch that, it is in fact fetchone() raising an error on a closed
cursor that's the difference, the PRAGMA behavior, to my surprise, was
always there.

an adjustment to the sqlite dialect is made in r5846 for 0.5 and r5847 for
the 0.4 branch.     A release for 0.5 should be made before pycon, not
sure about 0.4 but it seems due.