Hey guys

We're looking for a database-agnostic ORM package to build the
standard Concordance database classes on.  This requires Py3 support.
http://concordance-xmpp.org/

Yes, yes, there aren't many DB packages for Py3 yet.  This is exactly
why we're looking for something that's database-agnostic; right now
we're limited to sqlite but preferably our classes shouldn't care what
database is being used and can just as readily be used with postgres
or mysql in the future.  This is a chicken-and-egg problem that will
only be solved when existing Py3 code can take advantage of postgres
py3 bindings.

We have already ported Genshi to Py3 to the extent that it works for
our purposes, hosting our transformed branch on
http://hg.concordance-xmpp.org/genshi-py3

Two of us spent a good deal of time last night banging out the
wrinkles left in sqlalchemy post-2to3, reducing the number of errors
reported by alltests from 2000+ to just over 100.  All our patches can
be seen at http://hg.concordance-xmpp.org/sqlalchemy-py3 applied
against a mirror of your hg mirror.

Clearly we're not done yet but we've whittled down to the last few
pieces.  While we don't mind hosting this branch until you're ready to
officially support Py3 it'd be nice to have all this work in a form
that you can readily pull in and use.

What can we do to help with that, and toward a near-future sqlalchemy
release of a -py3 versioned tarball.