I have query on a view that looks like this:

 query= dbSession.query(_class).filter('entry_status = 2').order_by
( _class.c.entry_authored_on.desc() ).limit(3).offset(0)
 results= query.all()
 print query
 print " - - - - - -"
 print results
 print "== == =="

this always returns no results.
however the sql query is valid -- and returns results in postgres

if i remove the limit(3) clause, I get results

this happens with limiting any number  , whether or not I have an
offset, and no matter what the offset is.

other selects like this on views work absolutely fine.  its just on
this  one view.  its completely puzzling.

anyone have a clue ?