I understand what get() is supposed to do, but it doesn't clear it up
because it still seems like there should be a way of retrieving a
*set* of records back from the database at once.  I only see a couple
choices currently.  Either I can use filter() and retrieve every
record in the set (even the ones that are mapped), or I can use get on
each row individually.  Since get() checks the identity map, it won't
get records it doesn't need to get, but on the other hand, each record
has to get retrieved in its own call.

Does this make sense, and do I have it right?

Thanks.