On Apr 7, 10:49 pm, Michael Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com> wrote:
> we have an outparam construct which makes use of cx_oracle's built in
> API for this:
>
> result = testing.db.execute(text("begin
> foo(:x_in, :x_out, :y_out, :z_out); end;",
> bindparams=[bindparam('x_in', Numeric), outparam('x_out', Numeric),
> outparam('y_out',
> Numeric), outparam('z_out', String)]), x_in=5)
>
> assert result.out_parameters == {'x_out':10, 'y_out':75, 'z_out':None}

Thanks Michael.  I tried something like this, but I could not find any
generic or vendor specific type to specify for the cursor parameter
(e.g. something like .. outparam(':p_out', OracleCursor)).  Does this
make sense?

It's not likely I'll be able to change these stored procedures
unfortunately, so I may be stuck with a cursor out parameter... :(