I tried the tutorial for version 0.4.8  but the example doesnt work
for me. So  I simplified the code the code a little bit but with
session.commit I get always an exception, because sqlalchemy tries to
insert a none into user_name and nothing into the primary key. Could
someone help me?

#==========
lfrom sqlalchemy import *
from sqlalchemy.orm import *

engine = create_engine('sqlite:///:memory:', echo=True)

metadata = MetaData()

users_table = Table('users', metadata,
    Column('user_id', String(4), primary_key = True),
    Column('user_name', String(16), nullable = False),
)

metadata.create_all(engine)

class User(object):
    def __init__(self, id,  name):
        self.id = id
        self.name = name

    def __repr__(self):
        return "<User('%4s','%16s')>" % (self.id, self.name)

m= mapper(User, users_table)

Session = sessionmaker(bind=engine, autoflush=True,
transactional=True)

session= Session()
print User(id='ed',name='Ede Myers')

session.save(User(id='ed', name='Ede Myers'))
session.commit()
session.close()