Hi,

As I ran into the same kind of problem some times ago, you should take a
look at mapper or session extensions.

As an example, you could take a look at MapperExtension and add some
methods like

class MyModelExtension(MapperExtension):
    def before_insert(self, mapper, connection, instance):
        some kind
        of code

    def after_insert(self, mapper, connection, instance):
        some kind
        of code

    def after_delete(self, mapper, connection, instance):
        some kind
        of code

and a Declarative Model like this:

class MyModel(Base):
    __tablename__ = 'mymodel_table'

    id = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)
    slug = Column('type', String(50))

    __mapper_args__ = {'extension': MyModelExtension()}

Then everything should be OK

Regards,

Laurent