Heyho!

How can I use Declarative to create self-referencing stuff?  I'm trying
without success to create the tree example (Node with Node.parent and
Node.children) in declarative.

The basic table is:

class Node(Base):
    __tablename__ = 'nodes'

    id = Column(Integer, primary_key = True)
    parent_id = Column('parent', Integer, ForeignKey('nodes.id'))

Now I'm struggling with how to add a relation so that I can use
mynode.parent and mynode.children.

I've tried
parent = relation(
        'Node', backref=backref('children', remote_side=[Node.id]))
and various variants but always ended up with an exception (different ones
for various cases.)

I guess I have to use remote_side somehow but I couldn't figure how.

cheers
-- vbi

--
featured product: the KDE desktop - http://kde.org