with the latest pysqlite (2.5.5) I also get a huge (192) amount of
failures with many versions of SQLalchemy, including p1 and p2.     I
had noticed that pysqlite's development seemed to be going further
with changes that make the library harder to develop against, but
particularly disturbing is that one of our memory leak tests seems to
reveal a memory leak within pysqlite.    So overall this is a very
disturbing result and I would recommend against using the non-python
included pysqlite.