hey gang -

We've ported the unit tests over to nose, and our work is currently in
a dev branch in SVN which you can see at
http://svn.sqlalchemy.org/sqlalchemy/branches/nosetests
.

This port is against the 0.5 trunk, and the plan is to merge it to
both 0.5 trunk and to 0.6 where we would migrate the additional tests
that have been added in 0.6.

For those who run the tests, it basically means the tests are run via
"nosetests" instead of "python test/alltests.py" - and instead of
setting up PYTHONPATH, you just need to have SQLA installed anywhere
via setuptools since we use an entrypoint plugin for nose.    It is a
nicer environment with less code, and we get the usage of all the
great nose plugins for free like coverage and profiling.   We still
have a significant amount of test helpers but their organization is
now much more straightforward.

The question is, is a change in unit test style within the 0.5 series
going to be painful for anyone ?    I'm targeting both 0.5 and 0.6
since the vast majority of tests between the two are the same, and I
plan on merging lots more fixes/tests between the two.   Also I'd just
like to get off of the old unittest framework.

I'd like to know if anyone has SQLA involved in some automated build
process involving running its tests which would be impacted by this,
because if it really is a problem I'll move the nose switch to be
strictly 0.6.