Sorry, for the stupid question, but I'm out of coffee.

When using a composite column type, how can I use the individual
columns for filtering and ordering operations?

Based off the example from the ORM docs:
http://gist.github.com/129457

What if I want to order by the x values of the composite column
'start'? My instinct would be something like

session.query(Vertex).order_by(Vertex.start.x)

But Vertex.start.x doesn't exist. Is there a clean way to do this?

One possible workaround is to just get the column object directly from
vertices.c., but that seems non-ideal, since you don't really know
what the underlying column name is going to be for each instance of a
composite column type.

session.query(Vertex).order_by(vertices.c.x1)

Thanks,
Scott