Hello,

I have a View in a Postgres DB with some calculated columns.  In
Postgres the column types are getting "lost", so essentially, despite
all the math being on integers, Postgres is spitting out columns with
the type Numeric instead of type Integer.

Using SQLAlchemy, I am therefore getting values wrapped in Decimal
functions rather than the native Python Int type.  So for example, I
get Decimal("4") instead of just 4.

I have been using autoload but even if I override the column types in
SQLAlchemy to be Integers, I am still getting Decimal("n").

Any help on how I could best get a plain old int would be most
appreciated.  The ORM is a bit overkill for my project, I really just
need the SQL Expression language, so a solution not involving the ORM
would be preferred, though I will use it if I need to.

Thank you!