On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Jon Nelson<jnel...@jamponi.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Michael Bayer<mike...@zzzcomputing.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Jon Nelson wrote:
>>>
>>> I encountered an odd issue today that I can't explain, and it seems like a
>>> bug.
>>> I've checked 0.5.4p2 and 0.5.5, and the behavior is the same.
>>
>> its a mistake I've seen before.  Backrefs change the collection, so the
>> iteration ends up granting only every other item.
>>
>>   # solution
>>   for child in list(root.children):
>>        child.parent = new_root

>> also the root.parent = root thing will require post_update, see the mapper
>> docs for this.

I tried using post_update today, both True and False, and maybe I'm
just using it wrong.

The parent_id is NOT NULL and has no default. Doing something like
this doesn't seem to help, with or without the post_update=True (or
False) configured on the mapper.

node = Node()
node.parent = node
sess.add(node)
sess.flush()

The parentid attribute is always None. Is there an easy way to fix this?

--
Jon