On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Lukasz Szybalski<szybal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> How can I do
> Index('myindex', xyz.c.type, xyz.c.name, unique=True)
>
> in a declarative way?
>
> class xyz(DeclarativeBase):
>    __tablename__ = 'xyz'
>
>    #{ Columns
>
>    type = Column(Unicode(), nullable=False)
>    name = Column(Unicode(), nullable=False)

__table_args__ = (ForeignKeyConstraint(...),UniqueConstraint(...),{})

Actually I needed a primary key on both fields.
 type = Column(Unicode(), nullable=False, primary_key=True)
 name = Column(Unicode(), nullable=False,primary_key=True , name="PK_xyz")

Now I wonder if name will name my primary key?
Do I specify auto_increment=No ?

What are the advantages of using declarative way of setting table
definitions? vs
addressbook_table = sqlalchemy.Table("Addressbook", metadata,
    sqlalchemy.Column('Address_Sid', sqlalchemy.Integer, primary_key=True),
    sqlalchemy.Column('FirstName', sqlalchemy.Unicode(40),nullable=False),

class Addressbook(object):
    def __init__(self, **kw):
        """automatically mapping attributes"""
        for key, value in kw.iteritems():
            setattr(self, key, value)

mapper(Addressbook, addressbook_table)

It seems to me as its harder to find information on proper syntax then
it is with regular table, py object, mapper?

Lucas